[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: JCR email archive in action]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Sep 11 22:25:43 CEST 2008

I still think it would be great if we could integrate this somehow with
Yanel ... ;-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	JCR email archive in action
Datum: 	Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:50:35 +0300
Von: 	Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting at gmail.com>
Antwort an: 	James Developers List <server-dev at james.apache.org>
An: 	James Developers List <server-dev at james.apache.org>

Hi,

Some months ago I mentioned that at Day we are working on building an
email archive using a JCR content repository and the related email
code I wrote last year. The resulting searchable mail archive is now
live at http://dev.day.com/discussion-groups/.

So far we're only using the JCR storage bean without the rest of
James, but it would be cool if I could create a single application
that combines James, Jackrabbit and Sling (on which the web interface
is built) to implement a standalone email archive with an embedded
SMTP processor for handling incoming messages. Last time I tried I
couldn't find a simple way to start just the SMTP pipeline of James.
Unfortunately I haven't had much time to keep up on the efforts to
modularize James, so I don't know the current status on that, but it
seems like things are moving to the right direction.

BR,

Jukka Zitting