[Yanel-dev] Setting of YANEL_HOME

Alec Bickerton alec.bickerton at wyona.com
Fri Oct 3 15:20:11 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> simon litwan schrieb:
>> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have added the check for YANEL_HOME within build.sh, whereas it's
>>> optional and one can continue the build by pressing enter/return key.
>>>
>>> I assume that Hudson will fail now, because YANEL_HOME is not set,
>>> right? For this I see two possibilities, either
>>> set YANEL_HOME also within Hudson and make this check somehow
>>> configurable.
>> i rather would solve this with an ant property.
>
> ok. Can you describe it a bit more detailed?

If I understand correctly. Your suggesting we each create in our home
directories a property file.

In this file you would have all your local settings
e.g.

yanel.home=/home/alec/code/yanel_trunk
tomcat.home=/opt/tomcat/

Etc...

Then the build.sh first tries to read these properties using the ant
variable ${user.home}.

Immediately after it will read a default properties file and set
whatever was not included.

I'm quite familiar with this approach and find it works exceptionally well.

The same file can be read by a realm specific build.xml file so that we
would only need to call ant in the realms directory to build and  then
link to yanel/realms.

Alec,