[Yanel-dev] copyFile() method

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Oct 1 23:40:31 CEST 2008

simon litwan schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> Has anyone an idea why the copyFile() method within
>>
>> src/java/org/wyona/commons/io/FileUtil.java
>>
>> is requiring byte[] buffer as an argument and doesn't provide that by
>> itself (I mean within the method), which should simplify the usage
>> quite a bit, so
>>
>> copyFile(File src, File dest)
>>
>> instead
>>
>> copyFile(File src, File dest, byte[] buffer)
>>
>> ?
> i think this would be nice.
>
> but is there any problem with
> http://commons.apache.org/io/api-1.4/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils.html?

I guess not, but I was refactoring the commons package and it seems to
me that the copyFile is mainly used for copyDirectory and I don't know
why the apache commons isn't used for this.

We might want to set it to deprecated, but I think it's best to ask
first if somebody still remembers before doing this.