[Yanel-dev] problem re-starting Yanel containing a realm with search lock

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu May 22 00:20:26 CEST 2008

Josias Thöny wrote:

>>> I had a closer look at the lucene implementation. It seems that when
>>> it's trying to obtain the write lock, it actually tries multiple
>>> times until a timeout occurs. The default timeout is 1 second.
>>> Maybe we can revert to the old way, increase the timeout,
>>

>> although I wouldn't increase it much more. Btw, where exactly is this
>> configurable?
>

> IndexWriter.setWriteLockTimeout(long ms)

I guess it would make sense to also make this configurable as follows:

<search-index src="index" index-fulltext="yes" index-properties="yes"
local-tika-config="tika-config.xml" write-lock-timeout="3000">

within repo configuration

WDYT?

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org