[Yanel-dev] Yarep Search and Tika

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed May 21 16:19:49 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed that
>
> src/impl/java/org/wyona/yarep/impl/repo/vfs/VirtualFileSystemOutputStream.java
>

> is using Tika
>
> TikaConfig tikaConfig = TikaConfig.getDefaultConfig()
>
> but is it possible that Tika doesn't cover the  mime type
> application/xhtml+xml yet.
>
> If so, how can we best change this?

Currently yarep is using the default tika config:
TikaConfig tikaConfig = TikaConfig.getDefaultConfig();

This uses the file /org/apache/tika/tika-config.xml contained in the jar
file, which contains the mimetype/parser mappings.

I guess to add a mimetype to that file it would be necessary to make a
copy of the file and create a new TikaConfig(InputStream is) from the
yarep-specific tika-config.xml.

josias