[Yanel-dev] problem re-starting Yanel containing a realm with search lock

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue May 20 16:35:52 CEST 2008

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>> although I wouldn't increase it much more. Btw, where exactly is this
>> configurable?
>

> IndexWriter.setWriteLockTimeout(long ms)

thanks

>> sounds like a good workaround. Maybe it would be good to log this
>> into a dedicated log-file, e.g. lucene.log, I mean when the
>> LockObtainFailedException is caught, that we log when exactly and for
>> what file this problem occured, such that one has a chance to maybe
>> re-index these files?
>

> sounds good.

ok, so I will change it such that it should work also in the cluster again.

Btw, the change also seems to have an effect on realm creation

Caused by: org.wyona.yarep.core.RepositoryException: Could not create
repository: hugo
/home/michi/src/yanel-trunk/src/realms/hugo/config/data-repository.xml
Could not read repository configuration: Lock obtain timed out:
SimpleFSLock@/home/michi/src/yanel-trunk/src/realms/hugo/data-repo/search-index/fulltext/write.lock
        at
org.wyona.yarep.core.RepositoryFactory.newRepository(RepositoryFactory.java:193)
        at org.wyona.yanel.core.map.Realm.configure(Realm.java:196)
        at org.wyona.yanel.core.map.Realm.<init>(Realm.java:95)
        ... 27 more
Caused by: org.wyona.yarep.core.RepositoryException: Could not read
repository configuration: Lock obtain timed out:
SimpleFSLock@/home/michi/src/yanel-trunk/src/realms/hugo/data-repo/search-index/fulltext/write.lock
        at
org.wyona.yarep.impl.repo.vfs.VirtualFileSystemRepository.readConfiguration(VirtualFileSystemRepository.java:199)
        at
org.wyona.yarep.core.RepositoryFactory.newRepository(RepositoryFactory.java:187)
        ... 29 more
Caused by: org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock
obtain timed out:
SimpleFSLock@/home/michi/src/yanel-trunk/src/realms/hugo/data-repo/search-index/fulltext/write.lock
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:70)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWriter.java:598)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:360)
        at
org.wyona.yarep.impl.repo.vfs.VirtualFileSystemRepository.createIndexWriter(VirtualFileSystemRepository.java:557)
        at
org.wyona.yarep.impl.repo.vfs.VirtualFileSystemRepository.readConfiguration(VirtualFileSystemRepository.java:182)
        ... 30 more