[Yanel-dev] State of View

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed May 7 09:35:28 CEST 2008

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Has anyone an idea why we hardcoded the StateOfView within the
>>> YanelServlet?
>>

>> I comes to my mind that the reason was that all resources which are
>> WorkflowableV1, but are not published will result in a 404:
>>
>> if (workflowable.isLive()) {
>>                                    view =
>> workflowable.getLiveView(viewId);
>>                                } else {
>>                                    String message = "This document
>> has not been published yet: " + res.getPath();
>>                                    log.warn(message);
>>                                    do404(request, response, doc,
>> message);
>>                                    return;
>>                                }
>>
>> which would have led to a lot 404!
>>
>> But I think a better else statement would be to check if a version
>> exists and then display this one as a start
>

> But this means that content which has not been published yet will be
> visible in the live view. It's somehow against my understanding of a
> review/publish workflow.
> Or do I misunderstand something?

no, you are correct. The problem is that people already using this (for
example XMLResource) would suddenly receive a lot 404s and probably
wouldn't know to configure the workflow or set all the pages to live.

This is why I made note/TODO within the YanelServlet code that maybe
this should be made configurable.

Also I guess it would make sense to replace the content of the 404 that
this isn't missing but rather has not published yet.

WDYT?

> josias
>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Michi
>>

>>>            String stateOfView = StateOfView.AUTHORING;
>>>            //String area =
>>> map.getStateOfView(request.getServletPath());
>>>            //log.debug("url: " + request.getServletPath());
>>>            //log.debug("state of view: " + stateOfView);
>>>            /*String area = null;
>>>            if (isToolbarEnabled(request)) {
>>>                area = "authoring";
>>>            } else {
>>>                area = "live";
>>>            }*/
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michi

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org