[Yanel-dev] State of View

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue May 6 23:21:27 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> Has anyone an idea why we hardcoded the StateOfView within the
> YanelServlet?

I comes to my mind that the reason was that all resources which are
WorkflowableV1, but are not published will result in a 404:

if (workflowable.isLive()) {
                                    view = workflowable.getLiveView(viewId);
                                } else {
                                    String message = "This document has
not been published yet: " + res.getPath();
                                    log.warn(message);
                                    do404(request, response, doc, message);
                                    return;
                                }

which would have led to a lot 404!

But I think a better else statement would be to check if a version
exists and then display this one as a start

>            String stateOfView = StateOfView.AUTHORING;
>            //String area = map.getStateOfView(request.getServletPath());
>            //log.debug("url: " + request.getServletPath());
>            //log.debug("state of view: " + stateOfView);
>            /*String area = null;
>            if (isToolbarEnabled(request)) {
>                area = "authoring";
>            } else {
>                area = "live";
>            }*/
>

> Thanks

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org