[Yanel-dev] Object Content Mapping

tonio tonio.seiler at wyona.com
Thu Mar 13 09:12:33 CET 2008

Am 12.03.2008 um 22:56 schrieb Michael Wechner:

> tonio wrote:
>
>> Take a look at this:
>>
>> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/object-content-mapping.html
>>
>> I think this could save a lot of time and improve portability and
>> stability.
>>
>> What do you think.
>

> Thanks very much for pointing this out. It definitely makes sense
> to take a closer look at it.
>
> Have you played with the example
>
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/a-simple-ocm-project-with-maven-
> eclipse.html

No, but I took a look at the five minute overview (http://
jackrabbit.apache.org/5-with-jackrabbit-ocm.html). The thing looked
familiar to me (similar to JPA) and I think this is the way
persistence will be done in the near future. EJB3, Hibernate, ... use
very similar technologies. Jackrabbit offers different
implementations for the Persistence Manager (Filesystem(XML) and
variuos RDBMS).