[Yanel-dev] CDATA and comments problem

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Tue Mar 4 21:39:58 CET 2008

Hi,
I have a problem when trying to pipe an XML through jelly and XSLTs.
consider a jelly which has a script tag:
<script>
  if(1<2){
   alert("OK");
  }
</script>

This jelly won't work. So we change it into:
<script>
<![CDATA[
  if(1<2){
   alert("OK");
  }
]]>
</script>

After this passes the jelly engine I get:
<script>
  if(1 &lt; 2){
   alert("OK");
  }
</script>

This is illegal javascript. So it won't work. We change the initial
script a bit:
<script>
&lt;!--
  if(1 < 2){
   alert("OK");
  }
//--&gt;
</script>

This passes the jelly fine and we get:
<script>
<!--
  if(1 < 2){
   alert("OK");
  }
//-->
</script>

This script would work in html world. Now the problem that this output
should also get through I18nTransformer2 and XIncludeTransformer of
Yanel. So afterwards I get:
<script>

</script

So how to pipe jelly->i18n->xinclude so that finally we could get a
working (x)html.

Evaldas

www.linkedin.com/in/taroza

Optaros - www.optaros.com