[Yanel-dev] virtual file system node does not get deleted

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Sat Mar 1 19:45:10 CET 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Evaldas Taroza wrote:
>
>> I attached the patch.
>

> thanks, will review it asap
>
>> However, the problem is still there.
>

> how so?
>
>> Although it is maybe only related to Windows but still the file should
>> be somehow deleted...
>

> I guess it should not be deleted, but an exception should be thrown, right?

Yes, I am throwing the exception, but the application logic requires to
delete the node and now it stays undeleted (with the exception). I mean
I am doing that programatically: someone uploads an image that should
replace the old one, so I need to remove the old one and add the new
one. The old image is hooked somewhere and does not get deleted.

>> Another issue with Yarep is that when I delete a directory then .svn
>> stuff is also removed, which causes some synchronization problems
>> afterwards. And it does not seem that there could be some way around
>> this.
>

> I think we can make this configurable within the VFS repo config
> (similar to the ignore of collection listings)
I think it should respect the "ignore collection listings" when deleting
without additional configuration. Anyway, if you configure to keep the
.svn directories, then parent directories of .svn will have to stay
undeleted. And this kind of behavior will be unexpected to the data
model implementations, where one could say node.delete(), and it
actually won't be deleted

Evaldas

www.linkedin.com/in/taroza

Optaros - www.optaros.com