[Yanel-dev] Re: Building yanel

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Mon Jul 21 22:44:09 CEST 2008

Gary Jones schrieb:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Before we delve into this too deeply, do you have any instructions as
> to how to build yanel in Eclipse? I can build on the command line with
> no problem, but I don't know what the project structure should be,
> what extra plugins I might need, and so on. I would guess, though I
> haven't yet tried it, that I need at least Maven (for the associated
> libs). Anything else?

hi gary

i had once set up eclipse to build yanel. i wrote some hints in the wiki:
http://documentation.yanel.wyona.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Setup%20Yanel%20in%20Eclipse%20IDE
see: Build.

whereas i fucked up my eclipse workspace and had to setup a new one and
i couldn't get the build to work again. the conifg dialog of "run
external tools" was some how buggy and didn't show some buttons. since
then i just build in the console.
but as said it worked for once me and was actually very handy.

BTW i'll send this mail to the public mailing list, maybe it's helpful
for others as well

HTH

cheers
simon