[Yanel-dev] refering to resource type resources

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Jan 30 09:07:40 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled on a code line like this:
> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
> src="${yanel.back2realm}${yanel.reservedPrefix}/resource-types/http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0::gallery/prototype.js"></script>
>

> Can anyone explain how does it work? I don't understand what goes after
> /resource-types/....

The part after /resource-types/ identifies the resource type and the
file as follows:

namespace-uri::name/file

in this example:
namespace-uri: http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0
resource-type name: gallery
file: prototype.js

Yanel will look for this file in the htdocs directory of that resource type.

Actually I think it's not very nice to use the namespace-uri as a part
of the URL. I'm not even sure if this complies to the RFC.
I might lead to problems if someone does string manipulations on the URL.

josias

--
Josias Thöny
Wyona - Open Source Content Management