[Yanel-dev] System property org.xml.sax.driver not specified

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Mon Jan 28 14:51:56 CET 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:

>>> Hi
>>>        ... 35 more
>>>

>>> Any idea what might be actually causing this. Has this anything to do
>>> with the recent changes within the BasicXMLResource?
>>

>> I think the problem is that there are multiple xml-apis and xerces libs
>>
>> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
>> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xml-apis-1.3.02.jar
>>
>> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar
>> build/webapps/ulysses/WEB-INF/lib/xercesImpl-2.7.1.jar
>>
>> will try to find out where these old dependencies come from and
>> upgrade them or delete them.
>

> it seems like that this was really the problem. I had some custom realm
> which somehow pulls in these old xerces and xml-api libs and hence the
> conflict.
>
> I know we have discussed this before, but I guess we really have to take
> the time at some point to fix this.
>
> We cannot prevent that different realms and resources have conflicting
> libs, but Yanel should tell there is a conflict such that one can
> resolve it quickly.

Since all Yanel architecture resembles a servlet container, maybe ideas
from there can be reused. For instance, using a hierarchy of classloaders.

How I map two architectures:
1. Yanel - Web server
2. Realm - Web application
3. Resource type - servlet
4. Resource configuration - servlet configuration (in web.xml)
5. Content repository - some repository accessible through JNDI
6. ...

With such similarity to a servlet API why Yanel is not an extension of
e.g. Tomcat? Doesn't it make sense?

Evaldas

Optaros - www.optaros.com