[Yanel-dev] BasicXMLResource should not belong to yanel-impl

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Jan 28 14:09:04 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:

> It looks that BasicXMLResource should not really belong to yanel-impl.
>
> Now whenever I have a resource that extends the BasicXMLResource, in
> the dependencies I must add that resource as well as yanel-impl. There
> is a workaround for this, but it requires to put a hardcoded version
> of the yanel-impl into the pom file...

I agree (whereas Evaldas and discussed that off the list, so it's easy
to agree ;-).

It seems to me that yanel-impl is the implementation of yanel-core,
whereas BasicXMLResource is rather a "utility" class in order to make
development of XML oriented resources simpler and I would suggest to
either put that into a resource lib itself or create some yanel-util lib.

WDOT?

> Evaldas

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org