[Yanel-dev] data and data-paths

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Mon Jan 28 11:10:41 CET 2008

Hi,
I am creating a node inside the repository programatically. I would
expect that when I do that, the node with a given name is created,
however, what I get is:
1. a 'node' inside data-paths is created
2. inside .yanel-uid this path points to a node with a generated name

I understand that this is quite handy when you want to move nodes around
(you only have to change the pointer), but when I need to navigate my
data it is very difficult to find a specific node.

I think that generating an id for a node should only be done only when
one tries to insert a node with an existing name.

Evaldas

Optaros - www.optaros.com