[Yanel-dev] XPath functions in XSLT

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Jan 18 11:58:27 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Evaldas Taroza wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I recently found out that simple XPath functions, like
>>> fn:replace(string, string, string), or escape(uri, boolean) don't
>>> work in XSLTs I create in Yanel.
>>>
>>> I assume that Yanel does not support the newest XSLT, XPath
>>> versions. What to do?
>>

>> I guess this depends on the xalan lib. Give it a try with a different
>> resp. newer xalan lib or some other XSLT lib and if it's working with
>> this, then submit a patch for the dependencies ;-)
>

> Indeed Xalan implements XSLT 1.0 (relies on XPath 1.0), but XSLT 2.0
> (relies on XPath 2.0) is already a recomendation and the only library
> that implements it I could find was SAXON (Mozilla licence).
>
> Do you think replacing Xalan with Saxon won't brake Yanel?

maybe ;-) I would say give it a try locally, let's run some tests with
various realms and if nothing seems to break, then let's switch
dependencies, but keep the old config commented, announce to the mailing
list the change, give it some time, and if nobody complains, then start
to rely on ;-)

WDYT?

> Evaldas

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org