[Yanel-dev] simple problem hard solution

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Jan 14 22:00:52 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:

> Hi,
> I created a resource type which extends the BasicXMLResource. I want
> with this resource to:
> 1. Aggregate several XMLs into one document (a couple of simple ones
> and the sitetree)
> 2. Apply a transformation and return it as a view
>
> So I tried the most natural solution: I put into the resource
> configuration two XSLTs, one with xincludes another with
> transformations. Didn't work, XIncludes are resolved last.
>
> All the other configurations that I can think of are not very natural...
>
> Maybe anyone can think of a reasonable solution?

either do your own custom resource or aggregate the content before you
send it through the XSLTs by overwriting the getContent... method of the
BasicXMLResource

Of course it would be nice to have something like a "Cocoon Resource"
where one could configure such stuff, but I am afraid of other drawbacks
then.

But I understand we need to come up with a simple solution which would
covering the most commong uses and for the rest one can do custom
resources. It's about finding the balance ;-)