[Yanel-dev] BasicXMLResource inconsistencies

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Mon Jan 14 14:25:22 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:
> Josias Thöny wrote:
>> Evaldas Taroza wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> there are static properties in BasicXMLResource:
>>> SERIALIZER_OMIT_XML_DECLARATION = "serializer-omit-xml-declaration";
>>> SERIALIZER_DOCTYPE_PUBLIC = "serializer-doctype-public";
>>> SERIALIZER_DOCTYPE_SYSTEM = "serializer-doctype-system";
>>
>> I think those properties are obsolete and should be removed.
>> Thanks for pointing this out.
>>
>> The serializer can be overridden in the rc like so:
>>
>> <yanel:custom-config>
>>   <views>
>>     <view id="default">
>>       <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
>>       <xslt>/xslt/global.xsl</xslt>
>>       <serializer key="HTML_TRANSITIONAL">
>>         <omit-xml-declaration>yes</omit-xml-declaration>
>>         <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
>> Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
>>
>> <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
>>
>>       </serializer>
>>     </view>
>>   </views>
>> </yanel:custom-config>
>>
> The thing is that these properties
> <omit-xml-declaration>
> <doctype-public>
> <doctype-system>
>
> don't override serializer's behaviour... That needs to be implemented in
> BasicXMLResource.

Hm, it's implemented as follows (line 276):

// allow to override xml declaration and doctype:
         Properties properties = viewDescriptor.getSerializerProperties();
         if (properties != null) {
             Enumeration propNames = properties.propertyNames();
             while (propNames.hasMoreElements()) {
                 String name = (String)propNames.nextElement();
                 String value = properties.getProperty(name);

                 serializer.getOutputFormat().setProperty(name, value);
             }
         }

do you think it's not working?

josias