[Yanel-dev] GWT usage for AJAX features in Yanel

Evaldas Taroza etaroza at optaros.com
Fri Jan 11 09:36:56 CET 2008

Hi,
We were discussing that with Simon. One should know that GWT allows both
server and client side development. I don't know how to deal with the
server side, I can only tell you that it allows you to create "servlets"
with methods that you can call via RPC. I am not sure how and where to
put it in Yanel.

Client side is pretty straightforward:
1. You develop the JS library as a separate JAVA (GWT) project, then you
need to put the compiled JS files where appropriate
2. You develop in JAVA and then build everything together with the Yanel.

If we decide to put GWT, and make content management more AJAX-oriented,
I think it is a good idea that we all sit together, I show you how it
works and we think on how to put it into Yanel. I think not more than 2
hours would be needed for that, and another hour for documenting this.

Evaldas