[Yanel-dev] JCR and Yanel

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Jan 10 00:53:11 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Evaldas Taroza wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I am reading now about JCR. Is Yanel JCR compliant, if yes, then
>>> which level(1, 2, 3)?
>>

>> there is JCR-Yarep implementation which is using Apache Jackrabbit,
>> which means yes ;-) but
>

> Correct me if I am wrong: Yarep is a bit extended Jackrabbit?

no, "yarep core" is an API

https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yarep/trunk/src/core/java/org/wyona/yarep/core

, which is a bit simpler than JCR, which is also an API.

Jackrabbit is an implementation of JCR.

There exists a yarep-jcr-impl which is using Jackrabbit

https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yarep/trunk/src/impl/java/org/wyona/yarep/impl/repo/jcr

> Hence it looks like JCR API is a subset of Yarep API.

rather the opposite

> So which interface/class I would need to extend to enable my own
> storage let's say in eXist.

I think you have two choices:

1) Either find a persistance manager for eXist based on JCR for instance
within the Jackrabbit environment, e.g.

http://yukatan.fi/2007/1.3/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/xml/XMLPersistenceManager.html

and then you only have to change the configuration

or

2) Develop an eXist implementation for Yarep, similar to

https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yarep/trunk/src/impl/java/org/wyona/yarep/impl/repo/xmldb

whereas I don't think this got ever finished, but maybe helps as a start