[Yanel-dev] XML Resource serializer problem

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Mon Jan 7 09:28:08 CET 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems to me that the XML resource has still some troubles re
> serializer in some cases. For instance when I try to serve some APP
> service document with mime type application/atomsvc+xml and it contains
> some XHTML snippets, then the APP namespace is being replaced by the
> XHTML namespace
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yulup-demo/atom/entries/introspection-.xml
>
> resp.
>
> http://demo.yulup.org/atom/entries/introspection-.xml
>

> <?x
>  ml version="1.0"?>.<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/T
>  R/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">.<service
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">.  <workspace tit
>  le="Yulup Demo">.    <title type="text">Yulup Demo</title>..
> <collection title="Releases" hre
>  f="../entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom">.      <title
> type="html">Early Yulup &lt;i>Releases&
> title="Yulup Website">.    <tit
>  le type="text">Yulup Website</title>..    <collection title="Releases"
> href="http://www.yulup.or
>  g/download/release-atom-entries/?yanel.resource.viewid=atom">.
> <title type="xhtml"><div>Yul
> </workspace>..</service>
>

> whereas this doesn't happen when setting the mime type to
> application/xml within the resource config of this particular document.
> Also please note it doesn't happen for
>
> http://www.yulup.org/download/introspection-atom.xml
>
> or
>
> http://www.yulup.org/news-entries/introspection-atom.xml
>
> Any idea what might be wrong?

I guess this happens because it's using the XHTML serializer.
If no serializer is configured in the rc, the following "fallback" is
implemented:

if mimetype == "text/html" -> use HTML serializer
if mimetype == "application/xml" -> use XML serializer
else use XHTML_STRICT serializer

Do you think this behaviour should be changed?
To solve your problem you could try to specify the serializer
explicitely in the rc:

  <yanel:custom-config>
     <views>
       <view id="default">
         <mime-type>application/atomsvc+xml</mime-type>
         <serializer key="XML"/>
       </view>
     </views>
   </yanel:custom-config>