[Yanel-dev] organization of data

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Mon Feb 25 12:31:38 CET 2008

Evaldas Taroza schrieb:

i think it even would make sense to allow a resource to contain the
jelly scripts since they are highly resource specific. i anyway would
suggest to add two methode to the resource class.
public InputStream getHtdocs(String path) ;
public InputStream getYanelHtdocs(String path);

which lets you programmatically  access htdosc/yanel-htodcs.

then we could introduce a kind a protocol in the rc. e.g. htdocs://
resp. yanelhtdocs://

      <view id="tablelist" type="jelly">
        <xslt>/xslt/usecase.xsl</xslt>
        <template>htdocs://create-tablelist-shortcut.jelly</template>
        <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      </view>

this would use the jelly provided by the resource via htdocs.
one could overwrite the jelly by omitting the protocol and point to a
jelly in the realms data repository.

BTW:
i think if the method public InputStream getHtdocs(String path) would
access the data via package resolving we would go a step forward to
provide resource-types as packages (which i consider very important.)

simon