[Yanel-dev] Resource creation without creating a resource configuration

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Feb 11 22:30:35 CET 2008

simon litwan wrote:

> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Related to my question below I have realized that there is another
>> "suppress" as follows: In some cases one should not be able to choose
>> the path of the new resource and hence it doesn't make sense to the
>> show the Folder/File widget. So I would suggest to add another config
>> where one can suppress this, e.g.
>>
>> <yanel:custom-config>
>>   <rc:resource-types
>> xmlns:rc="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/resource-creator/1.0">
>>     <rc:resource-type name="atom-entry"
>> namespace="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0">
>>       <rc:display-name>Atom Entry</rc:display-name>
>>       <rc:folder-widget select="false"/>
>>     </rc:resource-type>
>>

>> WDYT?
>
> fine with me.
> how about
> <rc:path-selection show="false"/>

after thinking some more about it, I think this should rather be part of
the API itself

http://yanel.wyona.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/CreatableV2.html

because if the resource is not configured specifically, but rather all
creatable resources are available, one cannot set this parameter, but it
actually would still make sense.

Also why should this be set once and in another is not being set for the
same resource. Does such a situation actually make sense?

WDYT?