[Yanel-dev] Resource creation without creating a resource configuration

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Feb 11 09:13:36 CET 2008

Hi

Related to my question below I have realized that there is another
"suppress" as follows: In some cases one should not be able to choose
the path of the new resource and hence it doesn't make sense to the show
the Folder/File widget. So I would suggest to add another config where
one can suppress this, e.g.

<yanel:custom-config>
   <rc:resource-types
xmlns:rc="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/resource-creator/1.0">
     <rc:resource-type name="atom-entry"
namespace="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0">
       <rc:display-name>Atom Entry</rc:display-name>
       <rc:folder-widget select="false"/>
     </rc:resource-type>

WDYT?

Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> The "resource creator" resource currently allows to customize which
> resource shall be created and and how the resource configs shall be
> set, e.g.
>
>  <yanel:custom-config>
>    <rc:resource-types
> xmlns:rc="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/resource-creator/1.0">
>      <rc:resource-type name="wiki"
> namespace="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0">
>        <rc:display-name>Wiki Page</rc:display-name>
>        <rc:property name="xslt" value="/xslt/global.xsl"/>
>      </rc:resource-type>
>

> The problem is that in some cases there exists an map.rc-map which has
> some patterns defined and hence it's so good if a resource config is
> being created, because it overwrites the pattern within the map.rc-map
> for this specific resource.
>
> Hence I would like to suggest to enhance the "resource creator"
> resource by allowing to suppress the resource config creation, e.g.
>
>  <yanel:custom-config>
>    <rc:resource-types
> xmlns:rc="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/resource-creator/1.0">
>      <rc:resource-type name="wiki"
> namespace="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0">
>        <rc:display-name>Wiki Page</rc:display-name>
>        <rc:resource-config create="false"/>
>      </rc:resource-type>
>
> WDYT?
>
> Thanks

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org