[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: [foaf-dev] Google Social Graph API and SGFoo]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Feb 2 16:03:22 CET 2008

Dan Brickley wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Maybe something we can learn from
>

> And contribute to too :) SGFoo is just the first meeting in a series
> this year ...

I guess you mean http://sgfoocamp08.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

cool :-) I guess it's too late to ask for an invitation ;-)

Maybe you can ask to repeat such a foo camp soon again

> I think really that 2008 is "the year" of this stuff!

I would say we can make it happen by producing code ;-)

I guess you are refering to http://oauth.net/

> and have a think about how that fits in to an RDF/SPARQL environment,
> eg. for permissioning access to named graphs in a query.

we already have started on the fine grained access control such that
people can for instance open up the phone number or email address for
their friends or more concrete the OpenIDs of their friends and I hope
we will have this implementation finished very soon. So people could
login to the profile of their friends with their own OpenID and see more
details depending on the rights they have been granted by their friends.

Our next step would be to introduce more automagic and I guess this
where oauth would come into play, right?

Will try to get started by reading
http://oauth.net/documentation/getting-started

> cheers,
>
> Dan

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org