[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: [foaf-dev] Google Social Graph API and SGFoo]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Feb 1 21:09:41 CET 2008

Maybe something we can learn from

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[foaf-dev] Google Social Graph API and SGFoo
Date: 	Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:30:18 -0800
From: 	Dan Brickley <danbrickley at gmail.com>
To: 	foaf-dev <foaf-dev at lists.foaf-project.org>

This just out,  http://code.google.com/apis/socialgraph/docs/api.html
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/01/googles-gathers-social-graph-information-from-the-web-launches-api/

The timing perhaps prompted by http://sgfoocamp08.pbwiki.com/FrontPage
, a gathering hosted by O'Reilly that I'm attending. I've mentioned
this in IRC but forgot to say here.

The Google API looks like a step in a very interesting direction. Of
course it will be possible to think of many things it doesn't yet do,
but I encourage everyone here to have a think about simple, practical
and useful incremental improvements to it. We can do a lot more eg.
with full SPARQL access, but proving full SPARQL to the aggregation of
the planet's public FOAF/XFN data isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Interesting times :)

cheers,

Dan