[Yanel-dev] Accessing the raw http session.

Alec Bickerton alec.bickerton at wyona.com
Fri Dec 12 11:41:44 CET 2008

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Alec Bickerton schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me the magic incantation to retrieve the http session
>> for the current user.
>>
>> I need to store an object there to keep track of the users selected
>> language.
>>

> AFAIK the Yanel resource class already provides something like this via
>
> getContentLanguage
> getRequestLanguage

The problem is that these return the wrong result. When the user selects
the french pages for example, these return fr in the resource types.

Unfortunately once the user tries to add a pre-existing element these
methods return 'de' even though the user is only interested in fr elements.

On the other hand...
HttpSession rawSession = getEnvironment().getRequest().getSession();

Does what was originally needed.

Alec,