[Yanel-dev] styling of from-scratch-realm

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Dec 12 10:16:51 CET 2008

Hi all!

simon litwan schrieb:
> hi all
>
> in order to provide an attractive look for the from-scratch-template we
> should have a look at free layouts. since designing a layout, do the css
> and so on, takes a lot of time doing it right.
> we could save time by reusing an existing layout.
>
> for example:
>
> http://www.freelayouts.com/websites/html-templates/XHTML
> http://www.oswd.org/
>
> WDOT?
> simon

Great idea! We should not spend too much time ourselves on that for a
result that would not probably be so good (well, I am thinking of my own
anemic artistic skills :P...)

A Yanel theme or a theme contest some day would be great though!

On a somehow related note, also see http://www.csszengarden.com/ and
http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/preview (this one is much more basic
though), although it it is designed (beware of copyrights ;) again!) and
advertised as a source for inspiration and CSS teaching rather than mere
copying.