[Yanel-dev] Moving the conf directory

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Mon Dec 8 15:54:36 CET 2008

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> In order to make Yanel re junit better usable with Eclipse it probably
> would make sense to move the conf directory into the src directory, so
>
> YANEL_HOME/src/conf
>
> instead
>
> YANEL_HOME/conf
>
> WDYT?

OK, whereas I originally raised the issue to Michael for this reason, I
do not think it is needed by the unit tests anymore anyway.

1) If the unit tests were say, really *unit* tests of independent Java
objects, there should not be any need for relying on external
configuration files, we should just wire enough objects manually.
For now there is not so much unit tests, so I had just given a try at
refactoring them. And while the PathUtil test for example does not need
a Yanel instance, the others seem to rely on the default configuration...

2) Well, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but adding conf/
as a source folder in the build path seems to work just fine! :)

But there may well be other reasons to do it anyway (reloading for example).