[Yanel-dev] exists method of BasicXMLResource

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Apr 21 09:08:58 CEST 2008

Hi

The current exists() method of the BasicXMLResource checks a node within
the default repository

    /**
     * @see org.wyona.yanel.core.api.attributes.ViewableV2#exists()
     */
    public boolean exists() throws Exception {
        return getRealm().getRepository().existsNode(getPath());
    }

but this is often not true for extended resources.

Actually I think this method should be abstract, but I guess for
backwards compatibility we cannot change this.

Hence I suggest that we just return true and add a log WARN statement,
that this method should be overwritten.

WDYT?

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org