[Yanel-dev] [PROPOSAL] extend rc-map to allow additional matcher-types

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Apr 10 15:37:10 CEST 2008

Josias Thöny wrote:

> simon litwan wrote:
>
>> hi all
>>
>> i would like to extend the rc-map to allow matching for
>> requestparameters and more.
>>
>> first i would like propose a modified structure of the rc-map xml.
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <yanel:rc-map xmlns:yanel="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/rti/1.0">
>>
>>  <yanel:rc-map-config>
>>    <yanel:rc-map-matcher-config type="requestparameter"
>> class="org.wyona.yanel.core.rc.matchers.RequestParameterMatcher"/>
>>  </yanel:rc-map-config>
>>
>>  <yanel:matchers>
>>    <yanel:matcher type="requestparameter"
>> pattern="yanel.resource.usecase.search" rcpath="/search.yanel-rc"/>
>>    <yanel:matcher pattern="/**.html" rcpath="/html.yanel-rc"/>
>>  </yanel:matchers>
>>
>> </yanel:rc-map>
>>
>> please comment on this.
>

> I think it would be nice to have this functionality.
> Although it seems we are re-implementing cocoon ;)

yeah, at least the "chain of responsibility" part

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain-of-responsibility_pattern

 and I think it would be nice if we could reuse libs if possible. Also
see for instance the discussions about Corona/Cocoon

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg55572.html

> I'm not quite sure what it means about access control.
> Say users A and B have read access to foo.html and now I would like to
> allow user A to access foo.html?usecase=search (which will be mapped
> to search.html) but user B should be blocked.
> Does that mean that A has read access to search.html and B does not?
> Or should there be a usecase policy for foo.html, like <usecase
> id="search"> ?

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the map, but is rather a
responsibility which the developer has to take and make sure that no
such access holes are being created.

Or maybe we should consider a double-access-control-shell, whatever that
means ;-)

> Another thing one has to be aware of is that inside of search.html the
> path of the resource does not correspond to the browser URL. One has
> to take care of this when creating links. Basically it's the same as
> with xincluded resources.

I am not if I understand, can you explain a bit  more?