[Yanel-dev] [PROPOSAL] extend rc-map to allow additional matcher-types

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Wed Apr 9 22:26:41 CEST 2008

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> simon litwan wrote:
>
>> hi all
>>
>> i would like to extend the rc-map to allow matching for
>> requestparameters and more.
>

> what is "more"?
could be a session parameter matcher. but in general the typ of matchers
we don't know yet. this could also be a custom matcher.

>> first i would like propose a modified structure of the rc-map xml.
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <yanel:rc-map xmlns:yanel="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/rti/1.0">
>>
>>  <yanel:rc-map-config>
>>    <yanel:rc-map-matcher-config type="requestparameter"
>> class="org.wyona.yanel.core.rc.matchers.RequestParameterMatcher"/>
>>  </yanel:rc-map-config>
>>
>>  <yanel:matchers>
>>    <yanel:matcher type="requestparameter"
>> pattern="yanel.resource.usecase.search" rcpath="/search.yanel-rc"/>
>>    <yanel:matcher pattern="/**.html" rcpath="/html.yanel-rc"/>
>>  </yanel:matchers>
>>
>> </yanel:rc-map>
>>
>> please comment on this.
>

> I would suggest also to include the "default" matcher type.
do you mean in the cofiguration?

> What about backwards compatibility?
could be done by checking the namespace. btw. does the namspace make
sense or should it be better a map specific namespace? e.g.
http://www.wyona.org/yanel/rcmap/1.0

>> maybe the best would be to add a wikipage about this proposal where i
>> could add more information.
>

> sure (http://documentation.yanel.wyona.org/)
will do.

thanks for the feedback.