[Yanel-dev] Language handler and i18n

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Apr 2 09:34:44 CEST 2008

Hi

If I remember correctly we have introduced the language handler in order
to allow overwriting the way how i18n is getting the required language,
because the i18n component is using by default the localization (instead
the content language).

The problem with this it seems to me is that by setting the language
handler the localization is being o overwritten for all cases not just
the i18n.

So, I would like to suggest to enhance the i18n configuration by
attaching the language handler to i18n directly, for example

  <i18n-catalogue
language-handler-class="org.wyona.yanel.impl.StaticLanguageHandler">yanelrepo:/app/globus-i18n.xml</i18n-catalogue>

instead

<language-handler class="org.wyona.yanel.impl.StaticLanguageHandler"/>
  <i18n-catalogue>yanelrepo:/app/globus-i18n.xml</i18n-catalogue>

WDYT?

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org