[Yanel-dev] Order of realm configuration resp. root attribute

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Oct 30 09:10:49 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed that
>
> http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/how-to-add-a-new-realm.html
>
> doesn't mention that the order within the realms.xml matters and also it
> doesn't say anything about the root="true" attribute which is being used
> by the root realm.

Actually the order doesn't matter anymore.
Now a request is being dispatched to the realm with the longest matching
mount-point.

e.g.:

realm A, mount-point=/foo

realm B, mount-point=/foo/bar

then the request /foo/bar/hello.html will always go to realm B,
regardless of the order of the realms in realms.xml.

> I will try to fix this. Re the root attribute: Is this actually
> necessary resp. what it's being used for if we consider the oder anyway
> and the realm at the bottom can be considered as root realm?

IIRC the root attribute is used for inheritance. For example, if a realm
does not specify a proxy configuration, it will inherit this
configuration from the root realm.

Josias