[Yanel-dev] Overwriting the identityManager

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Oct 24 11:30:28 CEST 2007

Hi

It would be nice if one would be able to overwrite the IdentityManager.
At the moment one can only overwrite the YarepImplementation, but in the
case of LDAP this is not sufficient.

Hence I would like to suggest the following enhancement for the realm.config

<ac-identities
class="foo.bar.wyona.security.impl.IdentityManagerFactoryImpl">
  <foo-bar:ldap-config
xmlns:naz="http://www.bar.foo/wyona/1.0">...</foo-bar:ldap-config>
</ac-identities>

whereas we would need to enhance the Realm class
(src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/Realm.java) slightly when

IdentityManagerFactory imFactory = (IdentityManagerFactory)
yanel.getBeanFactory().getBean("IdentityManagerFactory");

which is currently the default, but should be overwritten (resp.
refactored) when a class attribute is being set within the realm config.

Also of course the custom config needs to be passed to this Custom
Factory (for instance as DOM).

<yanel:ac-identities-custom-config>
</yanel:ac-identities-custom-config>

WDYT?

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org