[Yanel-dev] toolbar switch

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Wed Oct 24 10:40:21 CEST 2007

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> simon litwan wrote:
>
>> hi all
>>
>> at the moment we have this yanel.toolbar=on and ?yanel.toolbar=off.
>> i think it would be nice to have a toolbar switch which turns the
>> toolbar on if it's off an vice versa.
>>
>> i would propose to add another possible value ?yanel.toolbar=switch,
>> where the yanel looks which state the toolbar has while calling with
>> value switch and changes it to the other state.
>>
>> WDOT?
>

> In what situations could this functionality be needed?
for example on yanel page, there is this link toolbar. it does noting if
the toolbar is turned on. and the link just is called "toolbar" not
"turn on toolbar" which makes me feel i also can use it to turn it off.
i think from a usability point of view it's bad to buttons/links which
does nothing, which is actually the case if the tool bar is on. at least
this link should disappear if the toolbar is on which is also not nice.
last but not least in the normal live mostyl you turn off something
(e.g. light) where you turned it on.
with this switch this would easy be possible.

simon