[Yanel-dev] Introspection does not work with 'virtual' nodes

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Nov 28 15:45:07 CET 2007

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Jonathan Addison wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> With the timeline resource as an example, Michi and I realized that
>> the introspection results in a node not found exception when the file
>> location being passed is a virtual node (e.g. exists as a yarep path
>> and has an rc file) but is not actually a real node (e.g.
>> roadmap.xml).  In this case the filepath being passed is called
>> roadmap-events.xml, which is just an XSLT-transformed version of
>> roadmap.xml (the real file).f
>

> Maybe the extra XSLT could remove the introspection link?
>

>> Michi suggested making the introspection configurable within the
>> resource configuration, e.g.
>>
>> true for
>>
>> http://www.wyona.com/extranet/customers/naz/timeline.html
>>
>> and false for
>>
>> http://yanel.wyona.org/roadmap-timeline.html
>>
>> Or another possibility is how can we pull through the actual source
>> resource.  This last option would obviously be the cleanest but I
>> don't see yet how it could be done easily especially when you
>> consider a possibly multiple-chained series of rc files (e.g.
>> roadmap.xml -> roadmap-events.xml -> roadmap-events-timeline.xml).
>

> Maybe the introspection link could be somehow rewritten to point to
> the introspection file of the original resource. But I'm not sure how
> this could be done.

well, we could introduce a property for the Timline resource config

<yanel:property name="introspection-url" value="introspection-roadmap.xml"/>

which would point to the same introspection as

http://yanel.wyona.org/roadmap.html

(see source)

So if this property is being set than we use this URL as href instead
?yanel.resource.usecase=introspection

WDYT?