[Yanel-dev] Introspection does not work with 'virtual' nodes

Jonathan Addison jon at wyona.com
Wed Nov 28 02:06:45 CET 2007

Hi Devs,

With the timeline resource as an example, Michi and I realized that the
introspection results in a node not found exception when the file
location being passed is a virtual node (e.g. exists as a yarep path and
has an rc file) but is not actually a real node (e.g. roadmap.xml).  In
this case the filepath being passed is called roadmap-events.xml, which
is just an XSLT-transformed version of roadmap.xml (the real file).

Michi suggested making the introspection configurable within the
resource configuration, e.g.

true for

http://www.wyona.com/extranet/customers/naz/timeline.html

and false for

http://yanel.wyona.org/roadmap-timeline.html

Or another possibility is how can we pull through the actual source
resource.  This last option would obviously be the cleanest but I don't
see yet how it could be done easily especially when you consider a
possibly multiple-chained series of rc files (e.g. roadmap.xml ->
roadmap-events.xml -> roadmap-events-timeline.xml).

If anyone has any thoughts or maybe knows of an existing way to fix this
that we've missed please let me know.  Thanks for any help.

Jonathan