[Yanel-dev] [YAREP] Enhancing th yarep repository interface with a simple search methods

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Nov 13 10:48:54 CET 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to enhance the yarep repository interface with the
> following simple search interface
>

>  public Node[] search(String query) throws RepositoryException;
>
>  public Node[] searchProperty(String pName, String query) throws
> RepositoryException;
>

> which would allow searching within yanel for instance as follows:
>
> getRealm().getRepository.search("winnie the pu");
>
> WDYT?
>
> I remember Josias made some suggestions quite some time ago, but I
> cannot find them anymore.

It was this thread:
http://lists.wyona.org/yanel-development/2007-January/000277.html

BTW, the JCR query API looks as follows (it allows different query
languages, e.g. XPATH or SQL):

QueryManager queryManager = workspace.getQueryManager();
Query query = queryManager.createQuery("//mynode[@bla='bla']", Query.XPATH);
QueryResult result = query.execute();
NodeIterator iter = result.getNodes();

josias