[Yanel-dev] dependencies for private packages

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Nov 6 22:55:34 CET 2007

simon litwan wrote:

> hi all
>
> we're doing a custom project where some resources have dependencies to
> custom packages. this packages are not public, therefor we can not put
> them on the maven repo.  is there any idea around about how to
> configure dependencies for such packages.

IIUC you are saying the dependencies can exist within both directions,
which mean the realm classes might depend on the resource type classes
and vice versa, right?

Another possibility would be of course to customizer the realm build.xml
and the resource types build.xml whereas one would have to point the
CLASSPATH into each other, but when building the libs that only the
relevant part goes into each library.

Another possibility would be somehow to unite these two build processes
by Yanel itself, which means that the resource type and realm are built
during the same build process, whereas this would require some
refactoring resp. enhancement of the Yanel build process.