[Yanel-dev] Bug fixed within ConfigurationUtil and RealmConfigPathResolver into Realm implemented

Oli Kessler ok at ncode.ch
Sun Nov 4 23:37:47 CET 2007

Hi all,

On 03.11.2007, at 08:58, Michael Wechner wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have fixed a bug within the ConfigurationUtil class re also
> copying the very first text node, such that it stays backwards
> compatible of only a text node (e.g. repo path) is being specified.

Unfortunately, this seems to throw an exception when parsing a realm
configuration file that only specifies custom elements, but no text
value as in

<ac-identities class="foo"><x:bar xmlns:x="http://x.y/1.0">My custom
value</x:bar></ac-identities>

The current avalon configuration framework throws an exception if a
an element/attribute ist not found and no default value is specified.
I would propose that we use default values in those calls, ie for the
existance test, line 67 in the ConfigurationUtil:

use  "if (repoConfigElement.getValue(null) != null) {"
instead of "if (repoConfigElement.getValue() != null) {"

> Also I have added a RealmConfigPathResolver to the Realm class such
> one can resolve for instance relative paths easily which might be
> specified within a custom config.

Most welcome ;-)

Cheers,
-ok