[Yanel-dev] Caching of users

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Nov 2 00:07:41 CET 2007

Hi

I have taken a closer look at

src/impl/java/org/wyona/security/impl/yarep/YarepUserManager.java

and agree that caching makes a lot of sense, but I think we need to
refactor the implementation, which means the exists method should check
within the cache, but also within the repo and if the user does not
exist within the cache, but only within the repo, then the cache should
be redone.

Also one might to think about introducing an API to invalidate such a
implementation specific cache and also to introduce a lastModified method,
whereas I am not sure if one can check LDAP re lastModifieds

WDYT?

michael.wechner at wyona.com                        michi at apache.org