[Yanel-dev] What is difference between the various I18n transformers

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Mar 27 15:07:50 CEST 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> What is the major difference between the two I18n Transformers?
>
> import org.wyona.yanel.core.transformation.I18nTransformer;
> import org.wyona.yanel.core.transformation.I18nTransformer2;

There are two differences:
The I18nTransformer is not really a transformer, it's a DefaultHandler.
Hence it cannot be used in a SAX pipeline.
The I18nTransformer2 implements TransformerHandler to make pipelining work.

The other difference is that the I18nTransformer2 supports cocoon-like
i18n syntax in addition to the proprietary syntax of the I18nTransformer.

The idea was to eventually mark the I18nTransformer as deprecated.

Josias