[Yanel-dev] weird locale-related exceptions

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Fri Mar 16 21:47:10 CET 2007

Hi Paloma,

Paloma Gomez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I keep getting the following exception message (see below) from time to
> time since a few days ago. At the beginning I thought it was my fault,
> since it seemed to be related to changes I had introduced and fixing the
> bugs these changes had introduced seem to solve the problem. However,
> after an update and with no changes in my tree, I keep getting it from
> time to time. The last time I got it was when I tried the following url:
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/about.html?yanel.resource.meta
>
> It seems to be caused by the setYanelOutput method in YanelServlet. I
> must leave now but I will look into it on monday and let you know about
> my findings.

I suspect the error is caused by the i18n transformer:

public I18nTransformer2(String messages, String language) {
     currentLocale = new Locale(language);
     messageBundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle(messages, currentLocale);
}

If the language is "es" but there is no spanish translation property
file, it will throw an exception. At least that's what I thought at
first. It doesn't seem to be quite as simple, though. When I request a
non-existing language, I don't get this error. I guess it also takes the
  default locale into account, which is "en" on my computer.
I have no idea why you hit this error only sometimes and not always...

Josias