[Yanel-dev] Resource creator and Yanel User resource

Paloma Gomez paloma.gomez at wyona.com
Wed Mar 14 18:12:19 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have been working recently on the creation of new yanel users using
the features provided by the resource creator. I have a problem I don't
know how to solve.

The resource creator displays a form which has been created using the
set of properties defined by the original resource but it does not
provide for interaction with the user (there is no way of displaying
error messages, for instance). In the case of the yanel resource it
means that the yanel resource can check if the data supplied is valid
but it has no means of telling the user the data introduced is incorrect
(e.g, not valid email address, empty userId, the group  does not exist
...). So the only thing the yanel resource can do is not doing anything
at all ( it does not create the new yanel user and it does not tell the
user about it - it just writes an error message in the log file).  The
bigger problem here  is that the resource creator assumes the creation
process is always successful and therefore it always creates a yanel-rti
file and displays a link to the new yanel user, no matter if this yanel
user was actually created or not.

Maybe we could  somehow improve the resource creator to take into
account unsuccessful attempts to create a reource. WDYT?

Regards,
Paloma