[Yanel-dev] added realms get lost after clean

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Tue Jun 5 10:44:14 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 09:21 +0200, simon litwan wrote:
> hi all
>
> i just noticed if you're using the source version and use the web
> interface to add a realm from scratch the realm entries in the
> realms.xml  are gone after a build.sh clean.
>
> because the programmatically added realms are added to the realms.xml of
> the webapp which makes sense.
>
> but i think there should be a warning somewhere.
>
> WDOT?

I think there is a warning already. When you do a build clean and the
property force-clean is set to false (=default), the build asks you:

[input] Do you really want to delete your deployed (maybe productive)
Yanel version at
'/home/josias/src/public/yanel/trunk/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel'? (yes/NO):

Do you think this warning should be more explicit and mention that the
realms will be lost?

But I also realize that only the realms.xml will be overwritten, and the
new realms themselves won't be deleted (unless they are created inside
of the webapp dir).
It's maybe not very consistent...

josias