[Yanel-dev] xhtml namespace is being added, although neither source XML nor XSLT is using xhtml namespace

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Jul 30 14:20:55 CEST 2007

Josias Thöny wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have noticed that the XML Resource is adding the xhtml namespace
>> although neither the source nor the XSLT is using it
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
>> <data xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>
>> You might want to give it a try at
>>
>> http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/roadmap.xml
>>
>> It seems to me there is some mixup re the Catalog/Entity resolver
>>
>> or any other idea what might be wrong?
>

> I guess this happens because the XMLResource uses the XHTMLSerializer.
> Should we make the serializer configurable?
> Or should we split the resource into a XHTMLResource and a XMLResource?

according to your suggestions I have introduced an AbstractSerializer
and extended from this an XML and XHTML serializer, whereas the BasicXML
resource is using one or the other depending on the mime type.

It seems to work now, whereas it seems though that I don't fully
understand everything and possibly made some mistakes, for instance in
the case of the XML serializer it seems not to copy the default
namespace, e.g.

src/realms/yanel-website/content/xslt/roadmap2events.xsl

resp. xmlns="http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/1.0"

when calling

http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/roadmap.xml

Any pointers to fix are very welcome ;-)