[Yanel-dev] Switching the locale

Josias Thöny josias.thoeny at wyona.com
Wed Jul 18 09:31:11 CEST 2007

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to implement the feature that one can switch the local
> session wise, e.g.
>
> /foo/bar.html?yanel.usecase.switch-locale=de
>
> resp.
>
> /foo/bar.html?yanel.usecase=switch-locale&yanel.usecase.switch-locale.lang=de
>

> and then this language would be part of the session and the Resource
>
> src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/Resource.java
>
> could grab it from there.
>
> WDYT?

I do not really understand the difference between the locale-language
and the "other" language yet. Can you explain which language is used for
what?

When I open
http://localhost:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/about.html
in my browser (browser-language is de-ch) the navigation is is German,
the page content is in English, and the language links don't allow me
change to the German page.
Actually I don't think this makes much sense.

I don't understand why the navigation should have a different language
than the content.

Josias