[Yanel-dev] icons for resource types

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Jul 10 17:12:47 CEST 2007

simon litwan wrote:

> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>
>> I would rather suggest
>>
>> $RESOURCE_TYPE/htdocs/yanel/icon.png
>>
>> resp.
>>
>> $RESOURCE_TYPE/htdocs/$RESERVED_PREFIX/icon.png
>
> this one i don't understand
>
> the reserved prefix for resource-types is something like this:
> http://$HOST:$PORT/$SERVLETPREFIX/$REALM/$RESERVEDPREFIX/resource-types/$RESOURCETYPENAMESPACE::$RESOURCETYPENAME/icon.png

as URL I would suggest to use in order to make sure one mixup custom
data within htdocs with yanel specific data

http://$HOST:$PORT/$SERVLETPREFIX/$REALM/$RESERVEDPREFIX/resource-types/$RESOURCETYPENAMESPACE::$RESOURCETYPENAME/$RESERVEDPREFIX/icon.png

and within the filesystem I would use

$RESOURCE_TYPE/yanel-htdocs/icon.png

I think this way it's nicely separated ;-)

> or as file path:
> $RESOURCE_TYPE/htdocs/icon.png
>
> but i think it would make sense to have a didicated icon folder
> because the resource-type could use some other icons as well which are
> not availabel in the global htdocs (e.g for thirdparty resource-types
> or not used elsewhere in yanel).
>
> and i think it's not bad at all to standardize it.
>
> i still would propose something like
> http://$HOST:$PORT/$SERVLETPREFIX/$REALM/$RESERVEDPREFIX/resource-types/$RESOURCETYPENAMESPACE::$RESOURCETYPENAME/icons/resoursce-type-icon.png
>
> or as file path
> $RESOURCE_TYPE/htdocs/icons/resoursce-type-icon.png
>
> simon
>

>> WDYT?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Michi
>>

>>> WDOT?
>>>
>>> simon

Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner at wyona.com, michi at apache.org